Covid-19 headlines for Monday, May 18, 2020:
• Lancaster's Covid-19 test rate is average: The county, which is poised to ramp up its testing and contact tracing, has so far tested 2.40% of its population, almost identical to the statewide average of 2.43%. The county's 18.1% rate of positives ranks 17th. (Source: LNP)
• Virtual job fairs: Partnering with the Lancaster Chamber, Lancaster County CareerLink is running online job fairs today through Thursday. Each day is geared toward a particular industry. Visit https://www.jobs4lancaster.com/ and scroll down to the calendar.
• Unemployment extended: Pennsylvania will provide 13 additional weeks of benefits to people who exhaust their regular unemployment. (Source: PennLive)
• Register to vote: Monday is the last day to register to vote in Pennsylvania's June 2 primary election. The deadline to request a mail-in ballot is May 26. For more information, visit Votes PA or Lancaster Votes.
• National/world roundup: A Covid-19 vaccine developed by Moderna has shown encouraging preliminary results. (Source: Business Insider) Clinics that serve the poor are still waiting for federal Covid-19 relief. (Source: NPR) The World Health Organization holds its annual assembly by teleconference for the first time. (Source: UPI)