The YWCA USA and the YWCAs of Pennsylvania will host a virtual town hall via Zoom from noon to 1:30 p.m. this coming Tuesday, Oct. 20.
To register, click here.
National, state, and local guest speakers, experts in the field, and YWCA representatives will explore the economic, childcare, and racial justice issues that matter most to the women of Pennsylvania — including new polling results — and share timely, accurate information about voting requirements in Pennsylvania.
The event is part of a nationwide series, YWomenVote 2020: A Conversation With America's Women.
Among the panelists is April Russell, of the local organization Lancaster Votes.
The discussion will be followed by a candidate forum. Representatives of the Biden campaign have confirmed they will participate; representatives of the Trump campaign have been invited, but had not confirmed as of Friday.
Moderator: Alejandra Castillo, CEO, YWCA USA
- April Russell, Lancaster Votes
- Debra Ness, President, National Partnership for Women & Families
- Esther L. Bush, President, Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh
- Stacey Woodland, CEO, YWCA Tri County Area
- Virginia Kase, CEO, League of Women Voters
- By the numbers: Lancaster County’s Covid-19 surge may be ebbing - October 22, 2021
- Panelists in workforce forum advocate rethinking staff recruitment, retention strategies - October 22, 2021
- Analysis: With retirements shrinking the workforce, skill training becomes key - October 22, 2021