Have you filled out your U.S. Census form yet?
If not, and you'd like some help, it's available at a series of events around the county this month.
Known as Mobile Questionnaire Assistance sessions, or MQAs, they offer residents an opportunity to speak with census representatives, who can answer questions and assist with completing the form.
The census deadline is Sept. 30. Census data is used to allocate hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding nationwide, making a full, accurate count crucial.
Each person who is missed can cost a locality about $2,000 a year in local funding.
The first MQA event took place Thursday at Bethel AME Church in Lancaster.
Here is the schedule for today and the rest of the month:
2020 Census: Mobile Questionnaire Assistance
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11: Central Market, 23 N. Market Street, Lancaster;
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12: Brothers Foodmax, 920 S. Duke Street, Lancaster;
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday, Sept.14: Adamstown Post Office, 128 W. Main Street, Adamstown;
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept.18: RRTA Queen Street Station, 225 N. Queen Street, Lancaster;
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26: RRTA Queen Street Station, 225 N. Queen Street, Lancaster.
- Pa. sees huge changeover to mail-in voting - October 23, 2020
- Return mail-in ballots ASAP, top Pa. election official advises - October 23, 2020
- City police: No wrongdoing by officer in shooting of Ricardo Munoz - October 22, 2020