The LGBTQ+ Giving Circle that formed in Lancaster last fall announced this week that it has awarded its first grants.
A total of $57,500 will go toward nine organizations, as follows:
- Adoptions From the Heart – Lancaster ($3,000): Support for adoptions into LGBTQ+ households
- Demuth Foundation ($7,500): Inclusive reinterpretation plan at Demuth Museum
- Eastern PA Trans Equity Project ($10,000): Empowerment programs for transgender individuals
- Ephrata Performing Arts Center ($9,000): Queer Voices Reading Festival
- Lancaster LGBTQ+ Coalition ($2,500): Consultation services for infrastructure and capacity building
- Landis Valley Associates ($7,700): Workshop on LGBTQIA+ growth and skill-building
- LGBT Center of Greater Reading ($7,500): Services at Rivertown Pride Center
- LGBT Community Center Coalition of Central PA ($7,500): Common Roads, a program supporting LGBTQ+ youth in Lancaster
- Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health ($2,800): Expansion of sexual health services
A group of volunteers and donors launched the LGBTQ+ Giving Circle in in October 2022. It is guided by a diverse advisory committee and operates in partnership with the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
“We were so impressed by the creative and intersectional initiatives proposed by many of our grantees,” advisory committee member Todd Snovel said in a statement. “… We are excited to partner with organizations providing support and celebrating the visibility of LGBTQ+ communities across Lancaster County.”