The South Asian Association of Lancaster is hosting a blood drive from 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 24, at Blossom Hill Mennonite Church, 333 Delp Road. To register, click here.
SAAL is partnering with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, which holds frequent blood drives throughout the county. LG Health's remaining blood drives in March are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 18: 2 to 7 p.m., White Horse Fire Co., 111 White Horse Road, Gap
- Thursday, May 19: 2 to 8 p.m., Bart Fire Co., 11 Furnace Road, Quarryville
- Friday, May 20: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Lafayette Fire Co. with LEMSA, 63 Lafayette Way, Lancaster
- Thursday, May 26: 2 to 7 p.m., Alliance Church of Elizabethtown, 425 Cloverleaf Road #9320, Elizabethtown
- Tuesday, May 31: 2 to 7 p.m., Hosanna Church of Lititz, 29 Green Acre Road, Lititz
To register for a blood drive, call (717) 544-0177 or sign up online at LGhealth.org/giveblood.
Donors can also use the phone number or link to make an appointment at LG Health's Blood Donor Center.
Blood donors must be in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and eat a substantial meal no less than four hours before donating. Minors aged 16 and up may donate with parental consent. All donors must bring ID to their appointment.
Blood donated locally remains in Lancaster County and is used here.