The YWCA Lancaster has appointed seven new members to its board.
Members are selected among dozens of community business and civic leaders referred for consideration. They are elected to three-year terms.
The new members are as follows:
- Dr. Hyasmine Charles, physician, Penn Medicine, Lancaster General Hospital;
- Sally Chuquimia, immigration paralegal, Church World Services;
- Aimee Deraco, chief operating officer, YDOP Internet Marketing;
- Jasmine Kraybill, Realtor, Berkshire Hathaway;
- Kathryn Sandoe, communications director, Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority;
- Dr. Latinia Shell, therapist and entrepreneur;
- Lisa Simmons, AHF Products.
In December, Deborah Wilson Gadsden became chairwoman of the YWCA Lancaster board, the first Black woman to assume that role. Gadsden has been a board member since 2014.