• Seven arrested protesters' bail set at $1 million each: The ACLU of Pa. called the bail "egregious and unacceptable, while Lt. Gov. John Fetterman called the amount "blatantly unconstitutional." (Sources: WGAL and ABC 27) To date, 13 individuals have been detained.
• Gov. Wolf defends Covid-19 policy, blasts opponents: Wolf said President Trump and Republican lawmakers are celebrating a court ruling declaring the state's emergency orders unconstitutional, "while refusing to help anyone but themselves." (Source: WGAL)
• Scarnati campaign sues LNP affiliate The Caucus: The lawsuit seeks compensation for complying with a public records request. Experts said the suit smacked of retribution against legitimate inquiry and raised troubling questions around transparency. (Source: Spotlight PA)
• National roundup: West Coast wildfire smoke threatens health. (Source: CBS) Hurricane Sally causing 'historic' flooding. (Source: USA Today) Trump's town hall included an array of false and misleading claims. (Source: ABC News)
- Biden to extend eviction moratorium through March - January 20, 2021
- Ages 65+ added to Pa.’s first Covid-19 vaccine phase - January 19, 2021
- Chaos or Community? MLK Breakfast speaker Heather McGhee celebrates solidarity - January 18, 2021