• Seven arrested protesters' bail set at $1 million each: The ACLU of Pa. called the bail "egregious and unacceptable, while Lt. Gov. John Fetterman called the amount "blatantly unconstitutional." (Sources: WGAL and ABC 27) To date, 13 individuals have been detained.
• Gov. Wolf defends Covid-19 policy, blasts opponents: Wolf said President Trump and Republican lawmakers are celebrating a court ruling declaring the state's emergency orders unconstitutional, "while refusing to help anyone but themselves." (Source: WGAL)
• Scarnati campaign sues LNP affiliate The Caucus: The lawsuit seeks compensation for complying with a public records request. Experts said the suit smacked of retribution against legitimate inquiry and raised troubling questions around transparency. (Source: Spotlight PA)
• National roundup: West Coast wildfire smoke threatens health. (Source: CBS) Hurricane Sally causing 'historic' flooding. (Source: USA Today) Trump's town hall included an array of false and misleading claims. (Source: ABC News)
- Pa. sees huge changeover to mail-in voting - October 23, 2020
- Return mail-in ballots ASAP, top Pa. election official advises - October 23, 2020
- City police: No wrongdoing by officer in shooting of Ricardo Munoz - October 22, 2020