• As Ida arrives, schools close, activities are canceled: Many districts are closing early, due to the potential for heavy rain and flooding. For a full list, click here. Around 3 inches to 6 inches of rain is expected, possibly more in some areas. (Source: WGAL)
• Parents split on Pa. school mask mandate: Some are happy and relieved, others insist they will find a way to keep their children unmasked. (Source: ABC 27) Meanwhile, WGAL has posted an FAQ on the mandate here.
• Judge questions board member suing Milton Hershey School: Robert Heist says the school won't grant him full access to financial records, thwarting his efforts to track millions of dollars he says are unaccounted for. (Source: Spotlight PA)
• Samuel Lazar to remain in prison until trial: Lazar, of Ephrata, faces assault and other charges in connection with the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection. Prosecutors say he would pose a threat if released. (Source: LNP)
• National/world roundup: Exceptionally restrictive Texas anti-abortion law takes effect. (Source: NPR) House Speaker McCarthy warns telecoms not to release Jan. 6 phone records. (Source: USA Today) Biden defends Afghanistan withdrawal. (Source: NBC News) Hospital oxygen supplies running low. (Source: AP) Childhood obesity increases during pandemic. (Source: UPI)