Covid-19 headlines for Tuesday, May 26, 2020:
• Vote-by-mail deadline is today: Pennsylvania's primary is Tuesday, June 2, and today, May 26, is the last day to apply to vote by mail. You can do so through LancVotes.org or VotesPA.com. County election offices will accept applications until 5 p.m.
• What does the future hold for Lancaster County tourism?: What should have been a bustling Memorial Day weekend was largely quiet due to Covid-19. Venue operators say they're resilient, but the new normal looks challenging at best. (Source: LNP)
• Pa. lawmakers consider temporary state budget: It would fund operations for five months, giving officials more time to understand the budgetary impact of Covid-19. (Source: PennLive)
• National/world roundup: Crowds flouted Covid-19 safety guidelines over the weekend. (Source: ABC News) The world is still in the middle of the first Covid-19 wave, says the WHO. (Source: AP) The New York Stock Exchange is reopening. (Source: NBC News)
- Report shows scale of Covid-19 impact on Pa. nonprofits - October 20, 2020
- County to distribute remaining CARES Act money - October 19, 2020
- Officials outline Lancaster’s plan for election security - October 19, 2020