Headlines for Tuesday, June 16, 2020:
• Business recovery fund is open: Funded through the federal CARES Act, the Lancaster County Small Business Recovery & Sustainability Fund offers grants and PPE to small businesses. Applications for Phase 1, for businesses with up to 20 employees, are being accepted through Friday. A Facebook LIve informational session will take place at noon today.
• LGBTQ+ community reflects on Supreme Court civil rights decision: It's a significant victory, but more needs to be done, Lancaster LGBTQ+ Coalition members said. The group is planning events on June 20 and June 27. (Source: WGAL)
• Unemployment issues persist: Pennsylvania's Office of Unemployment Compensation had to put more than 58,000 claims on hold and investigated due to fraud activity over the Memorial Day weekend. (Source: CBS 21)
• National roundup: A steroid is a 'major breakthrough' in treating Covid-19. (Source: Reuters) President Trump is signing an executive order on police reform. (Source: NPR) Stocks rise on positive medical and economic news. (Source: NBC News) Americans are the unhappiest they've been in 50 years. (Source: AP)
- Pa. sees huge changeover to mail-in voting - October 23, 2020
- Return mail-in ballots ASAP, top Pa. election official advises - October 23, 2020
- City police: No wrongdoing by officer in shooting of Ricardo Munoz - October 22, 2020