Headlines for Tuesday, June 16, 2020:
• Business recovery fund is open: Funded through the federal CARES Act, the Lancaster County Small Business Recovery & Sustainability Fund offers grants and PPE to small businesses. Applications for Phase 1, for businesses with up to 20 employees, are being accepted through Friday. A Facebook LIve informational session will take place at noon today.
• LGBTQ+ community reflects on Supreme Court civil rights decision: It's a significant victory, but more needs to be done, Lancaster LGBTQ+ Coalition members said. The group is planning events on June 20 and June 27. (Source: WGAL)
• Unemployment issues persist: Pennsylvania's Office of Unemployment Compensation had to put more than 58,000 claims on hold and investigated due to fraud activity over the Memorial Day weekend. (Source: CBS 21)
• National roundup: A steroid is a 'major breakthrough' in treating Covid-19. (Source: Reuters) President Trump is signing an executive order on police reform. (Source: NPR) Stocks rise on positive medical and economic news. (Source: NBC News) Americans are the unhappiest they've been in 50 years. (Source: AP)
- City Council delays vote on changing parking, snow emergency rules - October 27, 2021
- SAAL, Lititz Apothecary to offer Covid-19 booster clinic on Saturday; pediatric clinic anticipated Nov. 6 - October 27, 2021
- Lancaster City Council approves record sum for affordable housing - October 27, 2021