An independent news publication of
United Way of Lancaster County


News: Thursday, July 23

(Source: PXHere)

(Source: PXHere)
(Source: PXHere)

Headlines for Thursday, July 23, 2020:

Lebanon County sues over Covid-19 funding: The county says Gov. Tom Wolf committed a "gross abuse of power" in withholding $12.8 million in federal funding because the county voted to flout his shutdown order. (Source: WGAL)

State clarifies rules on serving alcohol: Snacks do not qualify as a "meal," and customers can't buy stand-alone drinks once they're done eating. (Source: WGAL)

Thousands still waiting on Pa. unemployment: The state says 92% of claims have been processed and a determination of eligibility made, but that's cold comfort to the tens of thousands of people in the remaining 8%.  (Source: PennLive)

National roundup: Poll indicates Americans support wearing masks, disapprove of President Trump's Covid-19 efforts. (Source: AP) Weekly jobless claims rise to 1.4 million. (Source: USA Today) Payroll tax cut dropped from Covid-19 relief bill. (Source: Reuters) Federal agents spray Portland mayor with tear gas. (Source: NBC News)