• Scattered snow showers possible this morning: Falling temperatures are changing the overnight rain back into snow as a storm system exits the area. (Source: WGAL) To see WGAL's list of closings and delays, click here.
• Local ERs struggling with Covid-19 surge: Nurses at UPMC Harrisburg are taking care of twice as many patients as usual and working up to 60 hours a week. (Source: ABC 27)
• Minority representation figures in redistricting debate: Advocates are split on whether creating so-called "opportunity" districts with minority pluralities expands representation, while some Republicans are challenging the division of cities like Lancaster. (Source: Capital-Star)
• National/world roundup: 1,200 flights canceled due to East Coast storm. (Source: CNN) China won't sell Olympic tickets, will "distribute" them instead. (Source: UPI) Trump rallies MAGA faithful in Arizona. (Source: AZ Central) UK arrests 2 teens in connection with Texas hostage standoff. (Source: BBC) Oxfam: Wealth of world's 10 richest doubled during pandemic. (Source: CNBC)
- Celebrating National Bike Month: A Q&A with Lancaster Bicycle Club President Dave Stauffer - May 16, 2022
- Monday, May 16 - May 16, 2022
- By the numbers: Report estimates half of Pa.’s Covid-19 deaths were preventable - May 13, 2022