• Region continues to clean up after Ida: The Conestoga River crested just shy of 18.5 feet, its third highest recorded reading. (Source: LNP) The county emergency management agency is asking residents to report any Ida-related damage using its online form. (Source: WGAL)
• Federal unemployment benefits end Saturday: More than 650,000 Pennsylvanians were receiving an extra $300 in benefits as of late August. (Source: ABC 27) The state Department of Human Services has information on ongoing assistance programs here.
• State Senate committee to launch probe into 2020 election: The Senate Intergovernmental Operations Committee, chaired by state Sen. Chris Dush, is inviting the public to submit testimony. The Republican-led effort is proceeding even though multiple audits and court cases have found no evidence of substantial election fraud. (Source: Capital Star)
• National/world roundup: Biden to tour Louisiana areas hit by Ida. (Source: UPI) Children account for 20% of new Covid-19 cases. (Source: USA Today) U.S. hiring slows sharply. (Source: NPR) Democrats vow to counter Texas anti-abortion law. (Source: CBS News)
- News: Monday, Sept. 27 - September 27, 2021
- 85% of Pa. adults partly or fully vaccinated, Wolf says - September 24, 2021
- AP poll: 1 in 5 Americans experience food insecurity - September 24, 2021