Covid-19 headlines for Friday, April 17, 2020:
• Penn State Hershey joins Covid-19 study: Penn State Hershey Medical Center will participate in clinical trials of remdesivir, a potential Covid-19 treatment. It is one of 75 institutions taking part worldwide. Penn State is also trying blood plasma from recovered Covid-19 patients as a potential treatment.
• RRTA union speaks out: The union representing Red Rose Transit Authority bus drivers wants masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant on all buses. It wants all passengers to wear masks, and a limit of 10 passengers per bus. (Source: LNP)
• National/world roundup: The Trump administration released guidelines for states on how to reopen their economies. (Source: AP) China revised its Wuhan death toll from coronavirus upward by 50%, but said the earlier lower figure was due to incomplete data, not a coverup. (Source: Newsweek) Stocks rallied early Friday on preliminary reports that remdesivir shows promise in treating Covid-19. (Source: Forbes)
- Clipper Stadium event helping hundreds complete rent, utility assistance forms - July 23, 2021
- Lancaster plans bike lane along Lemon Street; public comment invited through Aug. 6 - July 23, 2021
- A new ‘gateway’: County plan would make crisis responders broadly available for 911 mental health calls - July 22, 2021