WellSpan Health has opened its first application period for 2022 community grants.
The grants provide direct funding to organizations to address social barriers to positive health outcomes. There are three levels:
- Imagine Grants:
- $50,000 to $150,000 per year; renewable for up to three years.
- Projects must address food insecurity issues to improve health outcomes, especially regarding medically compromised, chronically ill patients.
- Imagine Grants are intended to fund "big ideas that may lead to transformational change."
- Inspire Grants (formerly 'Community Partnership Grants'):
- Up to $50,000; generally limited to one year.
- Projects should be new or expansions of existing programs and have measurable impact. Grants are intended as one-time seed or gap funding.
- These grants support projects that advance WellSpan’s Community Health Improvement Plan priorities.
- Spark Grants:
- $5,000 or less;
- Available when emergent needs are identified. For example, Slow the Spread grants have assisted organizations in making Covid-19 vaccination and testing more accessible to community members.
Applications for Imagine and Inspire grants are due March 1. Applications for 2022 Slow the Spread grants are being accepted through Jan. 31.
A second application cycle later this year will end Sept. 1.
A workshop is being held Jan. 25 to assist with the application process. For details, email email@example.com.
Last year, WellSpan distributed more than $900,000 in grants to community partners to reduce gun violence, furnish food and shelter to those in need, expand mental health services and address health barriers.
For more information, click here.