During this challenging time, daily exercise can help your physical and mental health. Many people have found their typical routines disrupted, since gyms are closed and group classes are cancelled, but there are many ways you can stay active until things are back to normal.
- Join in with Bright Side Opportunities Center for live workouts on Facebook. You can also view all the past recorded video workouts as well!
- Lancaster Family YMCA is offering a free wellness challenge, Y360 fitness videos, and simple strength workouts you can do at home.
- Universal Athletic Club offers free access to over 100 Les Mills workouts – dance, martial arts, strength training, and interval training – as well as Zoom classes by local instructors.
- You can also search for fitness videos on YouTube, try a free trial for a workout app like Aaptiv, or practice the simple and effective 7-minute workout at home.
Remember, it’s safe to take a walk, run, or hike outside as long as you can maintain a distance of 6 feet from others. For the best health benefits, work your way up to 30 minutes of an activity that gets your heart pumping at least 5 times each week, as well as 30 minutes of strengthening exercises 2 times each week.
- F&M researchers find ongoing Covid-19 stress in spring survey - July 28, 2021
- Citizens can shape the comprehensive plan that will shape Lancaster - July 28, 2021
- The 1993 comprehensive plan: How it changed Lancaster - July 28, 2021