Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has scheduled more than a dozen blood drives in June and says it is encouraging community members to donate blood and platelets "as often as possible."
Nationwide, blood supplies remain concerningly low, and officials say donations typically decline in summer.
Donors in Lancaster County may give at a blood drive or at LG Health's Blood Donor Center. In either case, they must register beforehand, either online or by phone:
- Blood Donor Center: Click here or call (717) 544-0170
- Blood drives: Click here or call (717) 544-0177
Blood collected in Lancaster County stays here and is used by local health care providers.
LG Health June blood drives
- Wednesday, June 1, 2-7 p.m.: Willow Street Fire Co., 2904 Route 272, Willow Street
- Thursday, June 2 2-7 p.m.: Lancaster General Hospital, James Street Lobby, 2nd Floor, 555 Duke St., Lancaster
- Tuesday, June 7 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: LG Health Mill Building, 26 N. Cedar St., Lititz
- Wednesday, June 8 2-8 p.m.: Caernarvon Fire Co., 2145 Main St., Narvon
- Thursday, June 9 2-8 p.m.: Intercourse Fire Co., 10 New Holland Road, Intercourse
- Tuesday, June 14 2-7 p.m.: Manor Church, 530 Central Manor Road, Lancaster
- Wednesday, June 15 2-8 p.m.: Hand-in-Hand Fire Co., 313 Enterprise Drive, Bird in Hand
- Thursday, June 16 2-7 p.m.: Mellinger Mennonite Church, 1916 E. Lincoln Hwy., Lancaster
- Tuesday, June 21 7 a.m.-2 p.m.: Lancaster General Hospital, James Street Lobby, 2nd Floor, 555 Duke St., Lancaster
- Wednesday, June 22 12 noon-5 p.m.: LG Health Willow Lakes, 212 Willow Lakes Drive, Willow Street
- Thursday, June 23 2-8 p.m.: Blue Ball Auxiliary Banquet Hall, Division Hwy., Blue Ball
- Tuesday, June 28 2-7 p.m.: Faith Church Quarryville, 611 Robert Fulton Hwy., Quarryville
- Wednesday, June 29 2-8 p.m.: Gordonville Fire Co., 3204 Vigilant St., Gordonville
- Thursday, June 30 2-8 p.m.: Bareville Fire Co., 211 E. Main St., Leola