The Federal Emergency Management Agency has announced that Lancaster County has been chosen to receive federal Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) funds in the amount of $251,200 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs for fiscal year 2020 (Phase 38).
The selection was made by a National Board, chaired by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency, and consisting of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA; National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA; The Salvation Army; The Jewish Federations of North America; and United Way Worldwide.
A local board made up of local members of these organizations, local government, and various county organizations will determine how Lancaster County's funds are to be distributed. The board is responsible for recommending Lancaster County agencies to receive these funds and any additional funds available under this phase of the program.
The board has determined that the priorities for the allocation of these funds are: rent assistance/eviction prevention, emergency shelter programs (not transitional), and mass feeding/food security programs. The time frame for eligible expenses for Phase 38 is Jan. 1, 2020, through May 31, 2021.
Under the terms of the grant from the national board, local organizations chosen to receive funds must:
- Be a nonprofit or agency of government located in the Lancaster County jurisdiction
- Be eligible to receive federal funds
- Have an accounting system or fiscal agent approved by the local board
- Have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number
- Practice non-discrimination
- Have demonstrated the capacity to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- Have a voluntary board
Organizations interested in applying for EFSP funds for Phase 38 must complete an EFSP Request for Proposal (RFP) application and financial worksheet, available at https://uwlanc.org/efsp.
RFPs must be emailed to [email protected]. They will be accepted starting Jan. 4, 2021, and MUST be received by 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 21, 2021.
Questions should be directed to the EFSP local board at [email protected].
- Nonprofits in Lancaster’s CRIZ eligible for Covid-19 grants - January 27, 2021
- State makes photo ID free to homeless Pennsylvanians - January 25, 2021
- Pa. resumes ‘PEUC’ extended unemployment payments - January 25, 2021