The call center for appointments at the Vaccinate Lancaster community vaccination center at Park City Center mall is expanding its hours.
The call center will now be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, the coalition said. Starting Saturday, March 27, it will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Vaccinations are by appointment only at the Covid-19 vaccine center, which opened a week ago today in the mall's former Bon Ton store.
If possible, individuals should sign up through VaccinateLancaster.org. The call center is intended for people who have limited access to the Internet or difficulties navigating an online registration system.
To date, about 86,000 people have registered, of whom about three-quarters are currently eligible for vaccination under Pennsylvania's Phase 1A, which include seniors over age 65 and adults with qualifying medical conditions.
Vaccinate Lancaster: Registration
- To register online, visit VaccinateLancaster.org
- To register by phone:
- First dose: Call (717) 588-1020
- For a second dose: Call (717) 588-1026
- Call center hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F; and 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays beginning March 27
The center plans to administer about 1,500 doses daily between now and Tuesday next week.
"As additional vaccine becomes available, we will continue to increase our capacity to get as many people vaccinated as quickly and efficiently as possible," Dr. Michael Ripchinski, chief clinical officer of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health.
LG Health is the lead healthcare partner in the Vaccinate Lancaster Coalition, which includes the Lancaster County government, Penn State Health, UPMC, WellSpan Health and the Lancaster City & County Medical Society.
- Vaccine center at Park City expands walk-in appointments, evening hours - April 22, 2021
- Lancaster Conservancy acquires land for nature preserve in York County - April 22, 2021
- News: Thursday, Apr. 22 - April 22, 2021