Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has announced 10 blood drives around Lancaster County over the month of January.
Blood supplies are persistently low and LG Health encourages everyone who can to donate blood and platelets.
In January and February, LG Health is participating in the Bleed Blue Challenge, a competition among local police departments. Blood donors may choose to donate on behalf of the participating department of their choice.
The following departments are taking part:
- East Hempfield Township
- Lancaster City
- Manheim Township
- Manor Township
- Millersville University
- Mount Joy
- Northwest Regional
- Pequea Township
Blood collected in Lancaster County stays here and is used by local health care providers.
LG Health January 2023 blood drives
- 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3: Lancaster General Hospital, James Street Lobby 2nd Floor, 555 Duke St., Lancaster
- 2 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 4: Witmer Fire Protection Agency, 455 Mount Sydney Road, Witmer
- 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 5: Alliance Church of Elizabethtown, 425 Cloverleaf Road, #9320, Elizabethtown
- 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10: Hosanna Church of Lititz, 29 Green Acre Road, Lititz
- 2 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11: Caernarvon Fire Co., 2145 Main St., Narvon
- 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 12: New Danville Fire Co., 43 Marticville Road, Lancaster
- 2 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17: Manor Township Police Dept., 950 West Fairway Drive, Lancaster
- 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 18: Quarryville Police Dept., 300 St. Catherine St., Quarryville
- 2 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25: Intercourse Fire Co., 10 New Holland Road, Intercourse
- 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26: Lancaster City Bureau of Police, 39 W. Chestnut St., Lancaster