Union Community Care will offer free Covid-19 vaccines at Longs Park from 4 to 6 p.m. today, prior to the kickoff of its "Day of Healing" event commemorating those lost to the coronavirus.
Vaccination patients can choose the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the Pfizer vaccine, which requires a second, follow-up dose, a Union Community Care spokesman said.
The "Day of Healing" runs from 6 to 9 p.m. this evening (Thursday, Aug. 12) at the park, and will honor the family members, friends and neighbors lost to the pandemic. It will also honor the healthcare heroes "for the countless sacrifices they’ve made to keep our community safe," Union Community Care said.
The event will feature speakers, live music, food trucks and the lighting of luminaries. The full schedule is as follows:
- Introduction and announcements: Master of Ceremonies Willonda McCloud, President and CEO, Bright Side Opportunites Center (6 p.m.)
- Music: T.H.E.M. The Collective Featuring Spoken Musik! (6:05 p.m.)
- Welcome: Danene Sorace, Mayor of Lancaster (6:15 p.m.)
- Video: (6:20 p.m.)
- Invocation: The Rev. Sherry Lupton, Beloved St. John Evangelistic Church, Philadelphia (6:25 p.m.)
- Opening remarks: Cheri Rinehart, President & CEO, Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers (6:30 p.m.)
- Spoken word: Ty Gant (6:45 p.m.)
- Music: Liz Fulmer (7 p.m.)
- Guest speaker: Daniel Jurman, Executive Director, Governor’s Office of Advocacy and Reform (7:15 p.m.)
- Music: Troia Butcher (7:30 p.m.)
- Guest speaker: Dr. Anne-Marie Derrico, Chief Medical Officer, Union Community Care (7:45 p.m.)
- Music: The Anthony Pieruccini Trio (7:55 p.m.)
- Guest speaker: Fran Rodriguez, Senior Program Officer, Lancaster County Community Foundation (8 p.m.)
- Spoken word: Evita Colon (8:15 p.m.)
- Music: The Anthony Pieruccini Trio (8:25 p.m.)
- Guest speaker: Alisa Jones, President & CEO, Union Community Care (8:30 p.m.)
- Moment of silence (8:40 p.m.)
- Lighting of candles and luminaries (8:41 p.m.)
- Music: Local church choir representatives (8:45 p.m.)