The Lancaster County Office of Aging announced Friday that it has received its allocation of Farmers Market Nutrition Vouchers and will begin distributing them in mid-July.
The $50 vouchers can be redeemed at participating farmers markets to buy Pennsylvania-grown fruits and vegetables. Originally, the vouchers for 2023 were to be distributed in June, but a mix-up with the state’s printing vendor led to a delay.
To be eligible, participants must be age 60 by the end of 2023, live in Lancaster County, and have household income of less than $26,973 for individuals residing alone or less than $36,482 for couples. Seniors living in personal care homes or nursing homes are not eligible.
Seniors can pick up the vouchers themselves or send someone on their behalf. Proof of income is not required.
If you go yourself, go to your closest Senior Center and bring ID. If you send a representative, they will need to submit a completed application form for you. Representatives may pick up vouchers for up to four people.
The kick-off day for voucher distribution at each Senior Center is listed below. Thereafter, they will be available during normal business hours unless otherwise noted.
Vouchers will not be mailed.
For more information, or to request application forms, call the Lancaster County Office of Aging at (717) 299-7979.
Start dates for 2023 Farmers Market Nutrition Voucher distribution
Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, July 11
- Millersville Senior Center: 222 N. George St., Millersville.
- Wednesday, July 12
- Lititz Senior Center: 201 Market St., Lititz
- Lancaster Neighborhood Senior Center: 33 E. Farnum St. Lancaster
- Thursday, July 13
- Columbia Senior Center – 510 Walnut St., Columbia
- Friday, July 14
- Lancaster Rec Senior Center: 525 Fairview Ave., Lancaster
- SACA Senior Center – 545 Pershing Ave., Lancaster
- Monday, July 17
- Elizabethtown Senior Center: 70 S Poplar St., Elizabethtown
- Next Gen Senior Center: 184 S. Lime St., Quarryville
- Ephrata Rec Center: 130 S. Academy Drive, Ephrata (NOTE: Drive-through location. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon, ONE DAY ONLY. Direct any questions to the Office of Aging; do not call the Ephrata Rec Center.)
- Thursday, July 20
- New Holland United Methodist Church – 120 W. Main St., New Holland (NOTE: Drive-through location. Hours are 9 a.m. to noon, ONE DAY ONLY.)