Update (May 31): Due to a delay in delivery of the vouchers, all planned June distribution events have been canceled. New dates will be scheduled once the county Office of Aging has the vouchers in hand.
The Lancaster County Office of Aging has announced that it will begin distributing Farmers Market Nutrition Vouchers in early June.
The $50 vouchers can be redeemed at participating farmers markets to buy Pennsylvania-grown fruits and vegetables.
To be eligible, participants must be age 60 by the end of 2023, live in Lancaster County, and have household income of less than $26,973 for individuals residing alone or less than $36,482 for couples. Seniors living in personal care homes or nursing homes are not eligible.
Seniors can pick up the vouchers themselves or send someone on their behalf. Proof of income is not required.
If you go yourself, go to your closest Senior Center and bring ID. If you send a representative, they will need to submit a completed application form for you. Representatives may pick up vouchers for up to four people.
The kick-off day for voucher distribution at each Senior Center is listed below. Thereafter, they will be available during normal business hours. Vouchers will not be mailed.
For more information, or to request application forms, call the Lancaster County Office of Aging at (717) 299-7979.
2023 Farmers Market Nutrition Voucher Program: Start dates
Hours each day are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, June 5
- Lancaster Rec Senior Center, 525 Fairview Ave., Lancaster.
- Tuesday, June 6
- Columbia Senior Center, 510 Walnut St., Columbia.
- Next Gen Senior Center, 184 S. Lime St. Quarryville.
- Wednesday, June 7
- Lititz Senior Center, 201 Market St., Lititz.
- Lancaster Neighborhood Senior Center, 33 E. Farnum St., Lancaster.
- Millersville Senior Center, 222 N. George St., Millersville.
- Friday, June 9
- SACA Senior Center, 545 Pershing Ave., Lancaster.
- Tuesday, June 13
- Elizabethtown Senior Center, 70 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown.
- Tuesday, June 20
- Ephrata Rec Center, 130 S. Academy Drive, Ephrata. (Drive-thru location) *ONE DAY ONLY*
- Wednesday, June 21
- New Holland United Methodist Church, 120 W. Main St, New Holland. *ONE DAY ONLY*