• Trump impeached again: The U.S. House voted 232-197 to impeach President Trump a second time, citing "incitement of insurrection. (Source: AP) Republican U.S. Rep. Lloyd Smucker of Lancaster County voted against impeachment, calling it "a rush to judgment."
• Pa. House GOP seeks constitutional changes: Among the most potentially consequential is a proposal to elect judges by region, which opponents say would "gerrymander the court." Other measures seek to limit the legislature's control over state finances. Gov. Wolf opposes the amendments (Source: WITF)
• Township approves land development plan for Stehli Silk Mill redevelopment: Backers hope to begin the $35 million project this summer. It will convert the landmark abandoned complex into apartments. (Source: LNP)
• National/world roundup: Weekly unemployment claims jump to 965,000. (Source: AP) Biden to propose $1.5 trillion stimulus. (Source: Reuters) Ex.-Gov. Snyder charged in Flint, Michigan, water crisis. (Source: NPR) Study: Covid-19 reinfections are rare, but recovered patients can spread virus. (Source: Nature)
- Nonprofits in Lancaster’s CRIZ eligible for Covid-19 grants - January 27, 2021
- State makes photo ID free to homeless Pennsylvanians - January 25, 2021
- Pa. resumes ‘PEUC’ extended unemployment payments - January 25, 2021