• Elizabethtown College receives $6.5M donation: Alumnus Jay A. Izenour, who died in December, provided the money for a need-based scholarship fund. It is the second-largest gift in the college's history.
• Long's Park closed due to storm damage: Wednesday's storm downed dozens of trees and damaged park facilities. City officials say they hope to finish the cleanup and reopen Friday afternoon. (Source: Fox 43)
• Gov. Wolf pledges to veto GOP's proposed abortion restrictions: Three bills have advanced the House Health Committee, including one that would ban abortions upon detecting a fetal heartbeat. (Source: WGAL)
• Legislature divided over spending: Buoyed by $7.3 billion in federal aid, Pennsylvania's budget outlook is far healthier than expected. Democrats want to spend more on infrastructure, schools, and businesses; Republicans want to save money to offset expected shortfalls down the road. (Source: Capital-Star)
• National/world roundup: Biden to propose $6 trillion budget. (Source: Reuters) Median CEO pay at S&P 500 companies rises to $12.7 million. (Source: AP) Japan extends Covid-19 emergency as Olympics approach. (Source: USA Today) Senate GOP poised to block probe of Jan. 6 insurrection. (Source: CBS News) Researchers tout advantages of a Covid-19 vaccine patch. (Source: NPR)