The coalition operating the community vaccination center at Park City Center mall is asking people who have signed up for appointments that they no longer need to deactivate their registrations.
The center aims to scale up to 3,000 vaccines per day next week, said Dr. Michael Ripchinski, chief clinical officer at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, the Vaccinate Lancaster Coalition's lead healthcare partner. But its efforts to pare down its long waiting list are being hampered by large numbers of non-responses to appointment invitations.
More than 75,000 individuals have received invitations to schedule an appointment, but nearly half of them haven't responded.
"Some people may not be checking their emails or haven’t looked for their invitation from ‘Vaccinate Lancaster’ in their spam or junk email folders," Ripchinski said in a statement. "Please schedule your appointment or cancel your registration. We need the public’s help to ensure that those who still need the vaccine can get it as soon as possible."
To cancel a registration, call (717) 588-1020 and select Option 5.
Since opening, the Lancaster County Community Vaccination Center has administered approximately 22,000 vaccine doses – all first doses. Second-dose vaccines will begin in early April.
The center is designed to accommodate up to 6,000 vaccinations per day.
Vaccinate Lancaster: Registration
- To register online for an appointment at Lancaster County's community vaccination center at Park City Center mall, visit VaccinateLancaster.org
- To register by phone:
- First dose: Call (717) 588-1020
- For a second dose: Call (717) 588-1026
- Call center hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F; and 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays beginning March 27
- 85% of Pa. adults partly or fully vaccinated, Wolf says - September 24, 2021
- AP poll: 1 in 5 Americans experience food insecurity - September 24, 2021
- News: Friday, Sept. 24 - September 24, 2021