There’s still time to sign up for United Way of Lancaster County’s 31st Day of Caring this weekend.
Service opportunities actually extend over two days, Friday and Saturday, Sept. 9 and 10. About 450 volunteers are scheduled to take part.
They will be helping out at more than two dozen locations countywide. Volunteer teams are coming from companies and organizations including Advanced Cooling Technologies, Armstrong World Industries, Elizabethtown College, ITW Food Equipment Group, Millersville University, M&T Bank, Nordstrom, Penn Manor National Honor Society, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and PNC Bank.
“We hope Day of Caring is the spark that initiates long-lasting partnerships, and that participating organizations see the need for community service within their workforce,” said Julie Kennedy, United Way of Lancaster County community initiatives manager.
To learn more about Day of Caring opportunities, visit the United Way of Lancaster County volunteer portal or email Kennedy at email@example.com. The greatest remaining need is at Schreiber Pediatric for help in preparing for its 34th annual Rubber Duckie Race fundraiser.
Day of Caring 2022: Participating locations
- Art of Recycle
- Bright Side Opportunities Center
- City of Lancaster
- Columbia Park Rangers/Glatfelter Memorial Field Trust
- Community Action Partnership of Lancaster
- Demuth Museum
- Domestic Violence Services of Lancaster County
- Elizabethtown Nursery School
- Friendship Community
- Graystone Manor Therapeutic Riding Center
- Hands on House
- Humane Pennsylvania
- Jewel David Ministries
- Lafayette Fire Co.
- Lancaster County Food Hub
- Lancaster Lions Club
- Lancaster Science Factory
- Millersville Community Church
- Mountville and West Hempfield Parks Commission
- ReUzit on State
- Schreiber Center for Pediatric Development
- Shreiner Concord Cemetery
- Stoner House, Manheim Township Historical Society
- Trinity Church Mountville
- Quarryville Library
- United Disabilities Services